Our Paediatric Psychology Service
Our psychology service is available for both counselling and for clinical intervention. We can identify and address a range of behavioural, emotional and social difficulties that are affecting your child’s capacity and well being. We are also able to assess, diagnose and treat mental health difficulties.
Common reasons why a child or adolescent may need to seek psychological assistance are:
- Behavioural concerns (challenging behaviours, sleeping issues)
- Anxiety and fears (phobias, separation issues, excessive worrying)
- Depression or low mood
- Adjustment issues
- Reactions to trauma
- Grief and loss
- Issues relating to a child’s medical condition or chronic illness (pain, fatigue, excessive stress)
- Interpersonal relationships and social skills
- Child-parent concerns
At Western Kids Health, we understand that every child is unique, and as such we draw from a wide range of evidence-based techniques when working with your child. Following a thorough clinical assessment, therapeutic techniques are chosen based on clinical judgement, professional expertise and current research evidence. These may include:
- Adaptive Coping Strategies (active problem solving, flexible thinking, resilience).
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy
- Trauma Focused Therapies
- Exposure Therapy
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprogramming (EMDR)
- Schema Therapy
- Mindfulness Therapy
Our Clinical Psychologist Registrar, Judith, is available by appointment. Please contact our clinic via telephone or email to request an appointment.